Experiencing all the new interactive technology around education, helping all types of learners and teachers ways to tackle new lessons and get students involved and have fun with their education. Changing learning one interaction at a time.
How can technology help in a classroom environment for a learner or a teacher?
- Technology for learners brings a more interactive experience – in learning getting more and more students interested and eager to learn due to the uprising technology and different ways kids can learn like through videos, games, virtual field trips, and many more.
- For teachers, it helps develop an easier lesson plan and helps them think of different ways to help their students absorb the lessons. The different technology and applications they can use for learners to involve themselves in. (An example for this would be turning a review for a quiz could be a Kahoot game.)
Teachers and learners adapting to online learning, websites like Moodle, Google Classrooms, Zoom, and Blackboard are being used for keeping students keep track of their deadlines, activities, and also posts previous lessons to review on a later date.
- Teachers focus on online video chat rooms like Zoom to host lessons online, although not many have good connection which prevents us from attending, teachers can record their sessions and upload it for those who couldn’t make it or want a fresh reminder of what to do.
- Google Classroom and Moodle are also a good way to handout assignments with deadlines, resources, and add future lessons that will be tackled.
- Google’s office software applications can help with online work with cloud documents and group sharing and editing on their office software applications such as Google documents and Excel.
Development of Skills
Learners can develop the following skills with technology in the classroom, interactive technology involving learners into the future of education. It can help develop their communication to involve themselves more, can provide a variety of websites for additional information on topics they are interested in, and it can be more flexible for teachers and can change their lessons and get feedback.
Students can communicate easier to their teachers in private when they need help, and communicate to their peers to collaborate for a group activity.
- Google Documents have comments and editing mode which helps learners peer edit and leave suggestions on what others can do to improve their writing.
- Students can easily message their teachers for help on lessons they don’t understand or if they need help with feedback on their work.
The online environment we have with education can be very helpful with those reserved students and those who are too shy to speak up and ask for help, it encourages students to reach out to one another to collaborate on work, or ask a teacher for help and feedback on certain assignments.
This may also be a good way to help new students reach out to people and make new friends. Which actually helped me find my friends in college. I recently moved into a new town for college and we rarely knew anyone there. I made new friends through college by finding people with similar interests as I did and I didn’t realize it was really easy to find friends like that in college.
Variety of resources
Online learning and technology can help students find different resources, and can teach people which sources are credible or non-credible, learning this skill early can help develop it better for younger learners and can be a good reminder for older learners out there. The internet is a very powerful library for any learner or teacher out there and it’s good to take advantage of this in a classroom environment when students learn differently.
Flexibility and Feedback
Teachers can get more flexible with their lesson plans and develop different ways to teach learners and get to know and develop each lesson taught into a better learning field for the future learners in the interactive environment of technology provided to them, and teachers can ask for feedback on how they can improve their classroom environment to further involve the learners into their future lessons.