The Interactive media arts program is a great choice for graduating high school students that want to attend Assiniboine community college if your interests include:
- Gaming – 3D, VR (Virtual Reality) or Game developer
- Art – Logo and Icon design, digital art.
- Coding – Website development, website coding in html and java script.
- Video: editing-capturing
- Music – audio editing
- Website Design
- Graphic Design
- here are some of the Adobe Creative Cloud apps you will be familiar within the Interactive media arts program.
- Acrobat DC – for reliably viewing, printing, and commenting on PDF documents.
- After Effects – for creating motion graphics and visual effects for film, TV, video, & the web.
- Audition – is used for Mixing, editing, and creating audio content.
- Bridge – asset management app
- Dreamweaver – is for Designing , coding, and publishing websites.
- Flash Builder – an eclipse platform that speeds development of rich Internet applications and cross-platform desktop applications
- Flash – for using content created on the Adobe Flash platform, including viewing multimedia contents.
- Illustrator – used for creating logos and icons
- Incopy – It works with Adobe InDesign. When InDesign is used to publish printed material, including newspapers and magazines.
- Lightroom -image organization and image manipulation.
- Muse – is an offline website builder that allows to create fixed, fluid, or adaptive websites without having to write the code.
- InDesign – used to create posters, flyers, brochures, magazines, newspapers, presentations, books and ebooks.
- Photoshop – raster graphics editing and image editing
- Premiere Pro – Video editing
- Speed Grade – is a colour grading application that delivers layer-based colour correction, mostly for editors, filmmakers and after effect designers.
- Stock – royalty-free stock images, photos, graphics, vectors, video footage, illustrations, templates.
The Interactive media arts program changes frequently to better reflect the Interactive media industry to help better prepare the students for Assiniboine Community College.
Here is some reasons why the IMA program is helpful for finding a career.
- A chance to indulge your creativity and help your designs stand out to gain industry attention – assisting you on fulfilling your full potential.
- Connecting you to the industry – helping you get familiar with how the industry works for future employment.
- To help excel in multimedia career – gets you familiar with skills in the Interactive media industry.
- To become a content creator – gives you the necessary skills to create your own online content and get revenue.
- Learning how to make your art leave an impact in the industry – learning how to make meaningful and impactful art.
- Opportunities for a job in the work field – the practicum that comes in the second year of the program helps you gain industry knowledge.
- Preparing you for your future – helping you get the skills that help you get employed.
- Finding out what you wanna excel at in the IMA program – helps you find your strong suit for the Interactive media arts program and increases your proficiency.
The Interactive media arts program is a great way to gain industry knowledge and for your future employment in the career you choose.