In this weekly podcast, you will listen to an interview with a student of ACC Brandon Manitoba. In this podcast, she will explain here experience and difficulties which she had in ACC and Brandon. As well as some suggestions she wants to give others who want to study in Canada. Producer and Host Harpreet Kaur, guest Malkeet Kaur.
The Interactive Media Arts program at Assiniboine Community College is a wonderful program for those looking to expand their horizons and make a name for themselves in the interactive media business. From audio editing and media writing to video editing and graphic design, the Interactive Media Arts program provides students with the vital skills that they’ll need if they want to become successful moving forward in an electronic media career.
The future of business is online, so the IMA program is the perfect way to secure an important set of skills in order to give yourself a prosperous future. Throughout the course you will learn essential skills such as writing professional emails, filling out incident reports, and creating an in depth resume to help you secure jobs in the future. You also learn job specific skills such as video editing and capturing, audio editing and capturing, website design standards and coding, and understanding as well as making art. The skills you are taught are industry standard skills and will prove to be very useful assets to anybody looking for a future job in interactive media.
Throughout the course you will also learn how to use industry standard tools and programs to create your online media such as, but not limited to:
- Adobe Photoshop – used for professionally editing visual digital media using various tools to achieve the desired outcome when making flyers, posters, advertisements, various other marketing materials, and essentially any other content that could use a touch up. Photoshop is useful for miniscule edits to make your media more appealing as well as large scale projects where you create your own masterpiece.
- Adobe Illustrator – useful for creating your own assets and designs for anything ranging from icons and logos to full on works of art. If you are particularly fond of creating your own personalized art in a digital medium it is one of the best tools that you can have in your repertoire.
- Adobe InDesign – InDesign is a perfect tool if you want to design a layout for an article or other form of print or online text, it does one job, but it does it very well.
- Sublime Text – it is one of many tools used for website design and coding, allowing the user to input their code and test it out online, it doesn’t do anything special, but it is a very useful program nonetheless.
- Adobe Premiere Pro – an extremely useful tool for video editing that provides you with everything that you need to create an amazing video masterpiece. Premiere Pro allows the user to cut, combine, add effects to your videos, and export your videos to a whole bunch of different formats.
The IMA program is a fun and informative way to gain knowledge on different media making techniques and strategies and I would highly recommend it to anybody looking to get into a job in anything related to interactive media.
The Interactive media arts program is a great choice for graduating high school students that want to attend Assiniboine community college if your interests include:
- Gaming – 3D, VR (Virtual Reality) or Game developer
- Art – Logo and Icon design, digital art.
- Coding – Website development, website coding in html and java script.
- Video: editing-capturing
- Music – audio editing
- Website Design
- Graphic Design
- here are some of the Adobe Creative Cloud apps you will be familiar within the Interactive media arts program.
- Acrobat DC – for reliably viewing, printing, and commenting on PDF documents.
- After Effects – for creating motion graphics and visual effects for film, TV, video, & the web.
- Audition – is used for Mixing, editing, and creating audio content.
- Bridge – asset management app
- Dreamweaver – is for Designing , coding, and publishing websites.
- Flash Builder – an eclipse platform that speeds development of rich Internet applications and cross-platform desktop applications
- Flash – for using content created on the Adobe Flash platform, including viewing multimedia contents.
- Illustrator – used for creating logos and icons
- Incopy – It works with Adobe InDesign. When InDesign is used to publish printed material, including newspapers and magazines.
- Lightroom -image organization and image manipulation.
- Muse – is an offline website builder that allows to create fixed, fluid, or adaptive websites without having to write the code.
- InDesign – used to create posters, flyers, brochures, magazines, newspapers, presentations, books and ebooks.
- Photoshop – raster graphics editing and image editing
- Premiere Pro – Video editing
- Speed Grade – is a colour grading application that delivers layer-based colour correction, mostly for editors, filmmakers and after effect designers.
- Stock – royalty-free stock images, photos, graphics, vectors, video footage, illustrations, templates.
The Interactive media arts program changes frequently to better reflect the Interactive media industry to help better prepare the students for Assiniboine Community College.
Here is some reasons why the IMA program is helpful for finding a career.
- A chance to indulge your creativity and help your designs stand out to gain industry attention – assisting you on fulfilling your full potential.
- Connecting you to the industry – helping you get familiar with how the industry works for future employment.
- To help excel in multimedia career – gets you familiar with skills in the Interactive media industry.
- To become a content creator – gives you the necessary skills to create your own online content and get revenue.
- Learning how to make your art leave an impact in the industry – learning how to make meaningful and impactful art.
- Opportunities for a job in the work field – the practicum that comes in the second year of the program helps you gain industry knowledge.
- Preparing you for your future – helping you get the skills that help you get employed.
- Finding out what you wanna excel at in the IMA program – helps you find your strong suit for the Interactive media arts program and increases your proficiency.
The Interactive media arts program is a great way to gain industry knowledge and for your future employment in the career you choose.
New Facility for ACC
A new training facility is underway at Assiniboine Community College’s Victoria East Campus.
The announcement was made this morning. A total of $640 000 was funded to ACC from industry partners and the federal & provincial government.
The program, Food Processing Centre for Animal Proteins (FPC), will commence next month. FPC is an eleven month course. Read More
Term one of the Interactive Media Arts Program, for the Interactive specialization, is full of new and exciting challenges to face.
If there is one thing that I’ve learned while being as student, is how sometimes costs can really add up. Various brands and retailers do offer discounts for students, and it is best to take advantage of them ( specially if you are paying major costs every month, such as loan payments, living costs, etc.). Here is a few examples where you can get the value for your money as a student. Read More
The use of Google Classroom has made education more convenient than ever. It wasn’t that long ago when I attended classes where the professor would use actual chalk on an olden days object known as a “chalkboard” and used it to write down important notes. Google’s Apps for Education is a series of applications designed for schools to help them communicate with their students…and it is quite helpful.